Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Konnichiwa from Ethan

By Guest Blogger, Ethan, age 6

Konnichiwa!  I'm just kidding that means Hello in Japanese.  I'm here to teach you about stuff in Japan for kids.

The first thing you have to know is MOCHI!  It's pounded rice that usually has a sweet sauce.


Another thing that kids need to know - there's not really any good parks, except for our favorite park...
At my favorite park...



Something else - these are things you have to do in Japan for sure.

  1. Go see Hachiko, but you have to wash his feet for good luck, because you might get a wish.
  2. You have to go to Big Buddha, but it doesn't mean shake your bootie.  
  3. You need to go to Tokyo Tower and at least see it.
  4. The best one - go to the Tokyo Giants game (going there tomorrow) AND Tokyo Disneyland (haven't been there yet).


Hachiko



Tokyo Tower





Big Buddha




A few more things I need to tell you.  You need to save your 100 yen, because after we go to Hachiko, we can go to the rooftop to the play area and play some games.  

One more thing - I want you to know that there is McDonald's and Denny's in Japan.



OK - Sayonara.  Just kidding - that means "Good-bye" in Japanese. 

I want you to know this - for every 100 origami you make, you get a wish.  I learned this from a book.

6 comments:

  1. OHAYOGOZAIMASU (it is 9 a.m. in Geneva)
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR INFORMATION, ETHAN.
    YOUR MESSAGE WAS A GOOD START TO THE DAY.
    Grandma Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Ethan! You can be your mom's assistant blogger. If she's feeling grouchy someday, you can step in and send out another happy blog like this one.

    Love,
    Papa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say, Stephanie you are blogging more than me, but I see this is from your assistant. Maybe I'll get Harry to write a post for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan here! Konichiwa Ethan, thanks for considering the kids. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Ethan, this is great!!

    ReplyDelete