Saturday, July 14, 2012

LOTS of Surprises in One Day - By Ethan

On the Yokohama ferris wheel...



Dictated by Ethan, typed by Stephanie

Dear Friends and Family,

Today we had a great day.  We had TEN surprises in one day.

1.  We walked by a shop that had a small pool of balloons that was part of a game.  To play, you had to buy something in the shop, but the lady said "this is a gift" and let me play one time for free.

2.  Hooray!  In the game, I caught the balloon with the hook, so I got to take it home.  A pretty fun game.

3.  Baseball time!  I played this cool baseball game and hooray again - home runs for my team! And I won 6-5 - close game too. And I said "that was a pretty good thing for 100 yen."

4.  Yippee!  The ferris wheel!  We went on a big Ferris Wheel in Yokohama - it is called Cosmo Club 21.

5.  Alvin and the Chipmunks!  Alvin and the Chipmunks!  Haha - fooled you.  It was just a big squirrel thing (my mom said it's called a mascot) with a really big belly button!
The silly mascot thing that Ethan REALLY wanted a picture of...



6.  Ooishii yummy!  We had dim sum for lunch in Yokohama Chinatown and for dessert, I chose coconut tarts. We also got to taste mango pudding, almond jelly, and peach buns (they were shaped like a peach but filled with red beans).

7.  Again, a balloon!  And a big buta.  Haha - fooled you again, buta is a pig (the balloons had pigs printed on them because they were giving them away at a tonkatsu food stand).

8.  With the 2 balloons, I made an archery game!

9.  While we were walking by the ships, we saw lots of jelly fish swimming in the water.  And I have a story for you.  One time, Mommy got stung by a jellyfish and it hurt!  She had to put baking soda on it.

10.  A homeless man gave Ryan a fan and Ryan said it's a fan, an umbrella shade, a back scratcher, and a mosquito-smacker - all in one!

Ethan with his bow and arrow made from his 2 "surprise balloons."




We had a fun day, with Mommy's friend whose name is Sandy.  My four favorite parts were the ferris wheel, the ballon I won at the game, winning the baseball game, and the jellyfish.

Love,
Ethan

I have one song - いちにさんしごろくしちはち

1 comment:

  1. Ethan, that was very entertining! You're as good a blogger as your mom!

    We have a couple of questions for you! When do we get to hear your song--couldn't quite hear it when reading the blog AND will you ride the ferris wheel with me (Rosie) when we come to visit. It looks scary and I want to ride with an experienced rider!

    Love,

    Papa and Rosie

    ReplyDelete